(with demo VIDEO & FREE template)
Chalk Markers are such a fun product. You can easily add to your home decor by using chalk markers on glass…frames, doors, windows, mirrors. There are limitless options. Chalk markers are great for this because after a time you can easily wipe it off and make a new design. I’ve previously written about how I used chalk markers on canvas and displayed the finished art on a gallery wall. Today, I want to show you how to make your own written quotes (or art) on glass using chalk markers.
[This blog post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase]
I created this framed chalk marker quote art using my template based on a Bible verse:
Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of the LORD.
1 Corinthians 10:31
The best way to learn is by watching a video. So, I recorded while I was tracing this template so you can see how easy it is to create. Chalk Markers are forgiving—if you mess up while tracing, simply wipe it away with a damp paper towel and try again.
1. FREE printed quote to trace
2. 8 x 10 frame with clear glass insert
3. chalk markers (I like these markers from Crafty Croc)
4. a piece of colored paper (I used two scraps I already had)
1. Purchase or Re-purpose an 8 x 10 frame that has clear glass.
2. Download this FREE printable template from our store.
3. Print the template on 8.5 x 11 paper.
4. Remove the glass from the frame and clean the glass.
5. Lay the printed template paper underneath the piece of glass.
6. Grab your chalk markers. I like Crafty Croc Chalk Markers.
7. Shake the marker and press on paper to check the ink flow.
8. Trace the template directly onto the glass. Use the colors I’ve used, or change it up.
9. Return the glass to the frame and place a colored piece of paper behind the glass.
TIP: I used a deep royal blue paper for placing behind my framed glass. I had to use two pieces of paper because I didn’t have a full piece. Once it is framed, the seam of the two pieces of paper is barely noticeable.
Use chalk markers on glass doors or windows
There are lots of fun ways to use chalk markers on glass. I’m always looking for projects so I can use them. Our back patio door is glass and I drew this design with chalk markers. “Go Jump in the Pool” inspires our family to not only relax and have fun in the pool, but also to not be afraid to trust in God and jump right into whatever He’s called us to do. We even made a tank top for women and men, or this shirt based on this phrase.
Make inspiration and encourage your family and friends. I hope you try this project and use it in your home as a daily reminder of why you were created. Buy a box of chalk markers and write inspiring words to your kids on their bathroom mirror! It’s a great way to start the day.
Rinne and I are celebrating having our Blessing by Design store open for one year next week. We can’t believe how fast the year has gone. We have learned so much and pray that we always remember that everything we do isn’t for us, but for God’s glory.